Travel & Visa Information
Check the U.S. Visas section of the U.S. Department of State website about whether you need a visa to enter the United States and how to apply for it.
If you need to apply for a visa, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com to request an invitation.
Please include the following details by email when requesting an invitation letter:
- first and last name, as it appears on your passport
- job position
- mailing address (street, city, country)
- accepted paper information, if applicable
COVID-19 Travel Considerations
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides information to consider regarding travel in the U.S. and COVID-19.
The USC Information Sciences Institute is conveniently located within a short drive of the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). While we recommend LAX, there are additional airports in the greater Los Angeles area.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): 5.9 miles (directions)
- Long Beach Airport (LGB): 26.2 miles (directions)
- Hollywood Burbank Airport (BUR): 26.6 miles (directions)
- John Wayne Airport (SNA): 46.1 miles (directions)
- Shuttle Bus: We will provide a Shuttle Bus to/from the Banquet on Day 2 (July 11, 2023).
- Public Bus and Rail: See Metro for the Los Angeles Bus and Rail transportation.
- Rental Cars: Rental cars are available at all nearby airports and are a great way to get around Los Angeles if you plan your own excursions and extended stay.
- Ride Sharing: Ride sharing, especially Uber and Lyft, are very popular and convenient means of transportation in LA.
- Parking: The conference venue (USC/ISI) has a paid parking structure adjacent to it. We will provide parking validation at the conference venue. Ask at registration.
What if my U.S. Visa application is denied?
If your U.S. Visa application is denied, please attempt to arrange a suitable substitute to present your work such as a co-author, advisor, or close collaborator.
While we have a strong preference for in-person presentation, we understand if visas/travel is not possible at the time.
In the spirit of inclusivity, we will accommodate pre-recorded video presentations with online questions & answers.
If your visa is denied, contact the PC Chair as soon as possible.
You will be asked to follow the video submission instructions.
Be aware that every paper must have at least one registered author, even if you are unable to attend in-person.